With FITSTATS, you can easily import data from any device and integrate GPS data in just a few seconds. Here is how to do it.
Step 1 - Add your GPS metrics/ custom variables as custom fields in School / Group Preferences
a) Export GPS data as an Excel or CSV file with your device's software
b) Open the exported file
c) In FITSTATS, create a custom field for each metric (Total distance, Total Player Load, etc) you want to import School / Group Preferences Settings->Training Forms->Custom fields. Make sure that names of the fields are exactly matching those displayed in the Excel file.
- Total Distance | type=decimal | unit=bpm | imported
- Total Player Load | type=decimal | unit=bpm | imported
- RHIE Total Bouts | type=decimal | unit=bpm | imported
- FC max | type=decimal | unit=bpm | imported
- % High Intensity | type=decimal | unit=% | imported
- Make sure to select the ‘Imported’ field option so the fields are kept hidden on the participant’s app
- Make sure to set custom field names as they appear in your Excel file (eg: "Average HR" will not work, "AverageHR" will)
Step 2 - Importing the data
- With your device's software, export your session's data to Excel
- On FITSTATS' calendar, add the session for which you want to import data
- On the calendar, click on the planned session's name and click on the export (blue) button
- On the newly exported spreadsheet enter athletes' RPE, feedback and paste the GPS data from the device's file in the appropriate columns. Save the Excel file.
- Click on the session you want to import data for and on the yellow (import) button
- In the Import Session Data section, select the FITSTATS spreadsheet containing RPE and GPS data and click Import
- A confirmation message will be displayed
Accessing imported data
Once imported, heart rate data will be accessible in all activity graphs, logs and exports.
Adding GPS data to the team dashboard
To add any GPS variable on the team dashboard, open School / Group Preferences ->Wellness Dashboard->Activity, select Show and click Save. Wellness dashboard will automatically display the variable with the corresponding alerts.