FITSTATS allows you to send and receive alerts and reminders by push notifications. This guide will help you to setup push notifications.
Step 1: Make sure your browser supports push notifications
Supported web browser: Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Opera Mobile, Chrome for Android, Firefox for Android, UC Browser for Android, Samsung Internet, QQ Browser, KaiOS Browser
https://caniuse.com/#feat=push-api for an update to date list.
Supported iOS: macOS, Linux, Windows, Android
Step 2: Activate push notifications
Activating push notifications for the Web (browser) app
- Login to your FITSTATS account
- Click anywhere on the main page. A notifications permission popup will be displayed. Click 'Allow”'
- Open your FITSTATS profile
- Select the 'Push notifications' options on in the 'Receive alerts & notifications' section
- Click Save. You will now receive push notifications.
Step 3. Activating reminders
- Open School Preferences-Reminders
- Select 'Enabled' for each reminder you wish to send by push notification
- Click Save
If you are not receiving push notifications on your device here are a few things that you could check.
If you are not receiving push notifications on web, check in your browser settings that the FITSTATS website is allowed, and not blocked from, sending push notifications.
On mobile, check the setting for your FITSTATS app that it is allowed to send push notifications.
On Android this can be found at ‘Settings > Sounds and notifications > App notifications > Athlete Monitoring’. On iOS, this can be found at ‘Settings > Athlete Monitoring > Notifications’.
Finally, check with staff that your school/group settings has the reminder enabled for the kind of notification you are not receiving, that is, message notifications, new media file notifications, post session reminder notifications, etc.